Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Great Gatsby Chapter 9 Reaction

That was a very interesting way to end the book. I really liked how Fitzgerald did it. One thing I was wondering why Nick told the story two years after it ended, why not earlier. I thought it was very sad how only a few people came to Gatsby’s funeral. It was kind of sudden when Nick decided to move back to the Midwest because he felt that the people in the south had empty values. I think I would move back too if I were Nick. I thought it was weird that when Nick broke up with Jordan, she said she was engaged. I’m guessing she was cheating on Nick with her new fiancĂ©. When Tom told Nick that he was the one to tell George whose car killed his wife, which made me really hate Tom because I really liked Gatsby. I thought it was weird how on his last night before he moved to Minnesota, Nick went to Gatsby’s empty mansion. Well I guess he was trying to remember good times from when he was in West Egg. I really liked how Nick compared Gatsby’s dream to finding America and the green light near Daisy’s house to the green land of America. It was a very good metaphor in my opinion. Overall the book The Great Gatsby was pretty good even if a little hard to read at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment